Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Season Pillows


Happy first week of fall! I wanted to share with you a couple of projects I've been working on, in honor of the slowly cooling weather.


This first pillow was created for a friend. I wanted to capture the different hues of fall with wool felt leaves hand-stitched onto a burnt orange background. I bought this lovely paisley fabric on a whim about a month ago…good thing I did! I think it adds a little oomph to the design. As you can see, I've been practicing my embroidering skills with the stem and lettering :)
  

Cute fluffy clouds have also been on my mind lately. I guess it’s wishful thinking for rain! The fabric is a vintage find I scored at the local thrift store. I love the pale bluish-gray raindrops. My excitement for the rainy season is increasing! Can't you just picture yourself bundled up in your favorite sweater with a mug of hot spiced apple cider and the fresh smell of rain outside...Ahhh. You can find this pillow cover on my Etsy shop From Endor With Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment